A Jar of Candy.

So, Yesterday I gave you a glimpse of what I have been working on.
Most of them are Christmas decorations that I want around my house, and the rest are some gifts.


I finished this one last night. So, pardon the early pictures since they are done with only my lamp light.
It's a burlap jar and candy canes.
 I decided to use some of the red burlap I had used for the HO HO HO Santa Wreath.
I took one of the Mason Jars that I had (from spaghetti sauce, LOL) and measured the cloth from the base of to the top of the jar. I cut the fabric in length and circumference.



I then hot glued it to the jar.


After, I took some of the Baker's Twine that I had in my kitchen (the crafting twine was too small and I wanted a solid light color) and wound it all around the neck of the jar.


This is what it looked like when I was done.


For the Candy Canes, I had to find something that was tubular (LOL) and able to bend. I found what I was looking for in the Hair Product Isle at my local Walgreens! I was looking for a brush (which I completely forgot to buy when I found these) and was sooo excited that these would be PERFECT!


I cut strips of burlap to cover the rollers and hot glued them on.


I put this picture up to show that burlap is very forgiving. If you cut to short, just add a small strip in the area you "messed up" in and hot glue it.


I then added some crafter's twine around the stick and gave it the shape of a candy cane...
BUT....


I didn't like the result. from afar, the multicolored twine faded into the burlap, so, I dyed the Twine a solid color.



And this is the end result!


Thanks for Looking!

ALI


Comments

  1. OH MY GOODNESS!! These are fabulous - what an awesome idea. TFS

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment