Reuse and Recycle!

So last night I was looking at some Marketing material on the VistaPrint website.
As I was checking out, these additional things I might be "interested" in
kept coming up before actually getting to the checkout.
It was annoing, until....

I saw the Business Card Bulletin Board Holders.
$7.99 for 4!!!
WHAT!!!????

Are you kidding me! They looked like a piece of cardboard with a pocket.
I went, pshhh, I could do that....
And then, I COULD DO THAT!

So, I didn't even finish my checkout, now that I think about it, and I came directly to my craftroom to see what I could come up with. *mumble*$7.99*mumble*I'll show them*mumble*

I have a stack of Mailing envelopes Jamberry sends our product in. But any Heavy Cardstock will do.



Next, I cut allong the white line of the Envelope. If you are doing it with cardstock, the measurements are 8inches tall, 4 inches accross.



I then scored it horizontally at the 1.5, 2.0, and 3.5 inches


Flip it and Score it at 0.5 and 3.25 inches



Now cut all the way down from the opposite end to the horizontal 3.5in mark and remove it completely.
Then from the 1.5 and 2.0 horizontal marks, cut down to the .5 mark and then flip it and cut down to the 3.5 mark BUT DON'T CUT OFF! just fold them up.


Next, on the score lines fold at the 2.0 and 1.5. You will then apply adhesive at the tabs and fold back.


This is what it looks like assembled.


For the front side, I added the a piece of the envelope to cover the white part,
 but you can add anything else, really.



And this is the finished product!
Mind you, it took me about 5-7 min to make it and I wanted to see how it looked like
I made 6 to post around town, but I may change the "flyer" or make a new one.




Thanks for looking!
Don't forget to leave me a comment!
ALI

Comments

  1. Great recycling idea - thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for doing this for us, Malinda Zachary Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best. Thing. Ever. Would you have a problem if I put the final product on our team blog then linked your post for the how to?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so awesome Alicia!! I don't have these envelopes I have the littler ones, will it still work??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure. I don't have the other ones anymore. If they end up being the same measurements, they could work. Card stock also works. :-)

      Delete
  5. THANK YOU for the great photo's, measurements and details! For a visual person like me, you have made this VERY easy to follow and re-create!! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm confused by the "Now cut all the way down from the opposite end to the horizontal 3.5in mark and remove it completely." can you please explain a little more? Sorry!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea Alicia, I think I will give it a try!!! TFS
    have a wonderful day!
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am very, very impressed! Thanks so much for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I made one and it turned out GREAT! Only recommendation I have on the instructions was what you meant by "flip it" maybe score it "longitudinally" would have been easier to follow. The pictures helped. Also, in that same sentence shouldn't it be "score it at 0.5 and 3.5" instead of 3.25? That would make both sides equal. Thanks for such a wonderful idea.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Where did you print the flyer off from?? I can't find that exact one.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome! Thank you for sharing with us! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE THIS, thank you so much for sharing! I'm not really crafty enough to try stuff like this on my own.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment