......And finally the Mickey Cake


And so this is the last of the Mickey themed nightmare. Believe you me, this was a nightmare of epic proportions.

Let me start by saying that I was going to make a Mickey cake from the start. BUT, I had the notion in my mind to make the cake in the form of a mickey mouse silhouette head. Just like the cake pops. Yeah, that wasn't going to happen. Thomas has been in a Mickey Mouse Clubhouse obssession mode and he wanted the Clubhouse as his cake.

Simple, right?

Guess again.

The base of the Clubhouse itself was simple. My mother in law had given me these Betty Crocker Pans called Bake and Fill.


The center part was just perfect for the oval shape of the clubhouse. So I baked it and frosted it, and it was ready to put the red Fondarific fondant on top. (Remember the one I made the Poinsettias with?)

 
Now, once I had put the fondant ontop came the most, difficult, frustrating, and probably the most annoying thing I have ever had to do in cake decorating. That was putting the head ontop. OMG.... was that tough. Venom was sputting out of my mouth, not to meantion the ears wouldn't stay on it. I ended up putting black fondant and cutting paper circles on my Cricut to put as the ears. Then I put cookie frosting on the circles and just stayed holding the ears until they dried up and stayed up.

So this is the "shell" of the clubhouse.

The base is Green Candy Melts that I melted and added some crisco to make it flow. I poured it on the base, which I had covered with some parchment, and I let it dry. When It was almost dry I used a fork to make the "grass" marks at the bottom.


I used my Cricut Cake to make the fondant Circles used for the windows in the clubhouse. There are three.


Right closeup of the cake


Left closeup of the cake


He was just excited as can be!


The cake made it! It was a smashing success!

Thanks for looking!
ALI


Comments

  1. Wonderful cake! You did a fabulous job on all the decorations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. que barbara!!! este trabajo si estuvo dificil... luego no querias que nadie comiera... jajaja y como lo partiste??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Con cuchillo! Jajaja no enserio, nadamas la parte del centro, la roja, fue LO que cortamos y comimos.

      Delete
  3. I love the expression on your son's face. It looks like it was worth all the hard work.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment